At IPM we understand that our most vulnerable neighbors need us even more during times of crisis and uncertainty, and our priority is to continue serving our community in a way that minimizes public health risks. We want to do everything we can to continue our mission of feeding families while also protecting the health and well-being of our clients, volunteers and staff.
In order to continue to serve our neighbors, IPM Food Pantry will be implementing the following measures effective Monday, March 16:
- IPM’s Newtown and Amelia Food Pantries will each offer Drive-Through Food Pantries. Clients are welcome to visit a Drive-Through Pantry every two weeks and receive a pre-packaged selection of groceries (rather than our usual policy of every 30 days), because we understand this time of crisis may place additional strain on those in need.
- Drive-Through Pantry hours will be as follows:
- Newtown Pantry: Monday and Tuesday, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Amelia Pantry: Thursday and Friday, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Volunteer teams will be scaled down to minimize contact. Those wishing to volunteer should contact Merry Leone at email@example.com.
- IPM is actively working to provide Power Packs to families with children by collaborating with local school districts and other community organizations.
- Donations of food are welcomed throughout this time. Please click here for our critical needs list. Donations of food, personal care and cleaning products ONLY will be accepted. We will NOT be accepting clothing or household items until the Choice Pantry reopens. Donations can be dropped off in outdoor bins at the Amelia and Newtown locations during office hours:
- Newtown Pantry: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Amelia Pantry: Tuesday-Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- CLOSED WEDNESDAY at both pantries.
IPM has been a trusted resource in our community for the last 56 years and will work with various community organizations to ensure we can continue to serve our neighbors in need during this public health crisis. Please keep IPM’s clients, volunteers and staff in your prayers as we serve.
With sincere gratitude,
President and CEO