4 Ingredient Vegetable Beef Soup
Servings 6 | Total time 20 mins. or 4 hours
- 1/2 pound protein: 85% lean ground beef OR turkey
- 1, 13oz can of no salt added kidney beans, drained and rinsed (optional or use instead of protein)
- 64 ounces low sodium vegetable juice
- 32 ounces frozen, mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1. Before you begin, wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils.
2. If using ground beef or turkey, cook in a medium frying pan until no pink remains, about 6 minutes. Drain fat into a paper-towel lined bowl and throw away.
3. Combine your protein of choice (either cooked ground beef, turkey, or beans) , vegetable juice, frozen vegetables, and Italian seasoning in a crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours OR combine ingredients in a large pot and simmer on the stove top for 10 minutes.
5 Minute Individual Tortilla Pizzas
Servings: 2 personal pizzas
Prep Time5 mins : Cook Time5 mins : Total Time10 mins
- 1/2 cup (125g) pasta sauce
- 2 8″ or 10″ flour tortillas
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese divided (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella divided
- 20 pepperoni slices OR assorted other toppings divided
- Arrange one rack in the oven to the center position. Preheat the oven to 425ºF . Place tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of the sauce onto each tortilla and spread around evenly, leaving a small margin around the edges.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, followed by 1/4 cup (56g) of shredded mozzarella on each pizza. Top with pepperoni and/or toppings.
- Carefully place pizzas in the oven directly on the rack and bake for 5 minutes, or until desired color/crispness. You may also bake each pizza individually in a toaster oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before cutting and serving.