Three Bean Salad
For the salad:
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup), soaked in water to take the edge off the onion
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped, or shredded carrots or chopped cucumber (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup loosely packed, fresh, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make the salad:
In a large bowl, mix the 3 different types of beans, the fresh vegetable, onion (drained of soaking water), and parsley.
- Make the dressing:
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the dressing to the beans. Toss to coat.
- Chill and Serve:
Transfer the salad to the refrigerator for several hours, to allow the beans to soak up the flavor of the dressing. Let come to close to room temperature to serve.
Serving: 24 sliders Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 large yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices medium cheddar cheese
- 6 oz medium cheddar shredded (or used more sliced cheese)
- 24 dinner rolls (or use 2 packs of 12)
- 2 Tbsp butter melted, plus more to grease baking sheet
- Place a large skillet over medium/high heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add diced onion then 2 lbs ground beef and break up with a spatula. Season with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Sautee over medium/high heat, breaking up the beef and cook just until cooked through then remove from heat.
- Tilt skillet to spoon off and discard excess fat. Stir in 1/4 cup mayo.
Cut buns in half. Place bottom half of dinner rolls on buttered baking sheet and line bread with sliced cheese. Spread ground beef mixture evenly over the sliced cheese, using the back of a spatula to square off the edges. Cover the ground beef with 6 oz of shredded cheddar.