Delicious Stuffing Recipe
SERVINGS: 12 servings
- 2 small onions diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons poultry seasoning or ½ teaspoon ground sage
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 12 cups bread cubes
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs sage, thyme, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery and poultry seasoning (and rosemary if using). Cook over medium-low until tender (do not brown), about 10-12 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add onion mixture, parsley and fresh herbs.
- Pour broth overtop until cubes are moist (but not soggy) and gently toss. You may not need all of the broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a serving dish, dot with additional butter and cover.
- Bake 35 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin spice until well blended. Spread pumpkin mixture in prepared baking dish. Mixture will be very wet.
Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top of the batter. If adding pecans, sprinkle them over the cake mix. Pour melted butter over the top of the cake mix. Bake 50 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Cool completely. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.