Time: 15 minutes|Serves: 2 people
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken base
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce (optional
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 can cooked chicken breast
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, halved
- 4 cups boiling water
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions (do not use seasoning packet).
- In two bowls, layer half of each ingredient in the following order: ramen noodles, chicken base, chili sauce, carrots, cabbage, and chicken.
- To serve, pour 2 cups boiling water into each bowl; let stand until warmed through or until chicken base has dissolved. Stir to combine seasonings. Squeeze lime juice over soup; place egg halves on top.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Time: 30 minutes|Serves: 6 people
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle or Swedish meatballs, thawed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the meatballs, green pepper and juice mixture until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, cold water, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Add brown sugar and reserved pineapple to the pan; stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.