Easy Cinnamon Baked Apples
- 6-7 medium to large apples (2 tart like granny smith, 4 sweet like honeycrisp)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (for thickening the sauce)
- 3 Tbsp fresh apple juice or water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and set out a 9×13-inch (or similar size) baking dish.
- Peel and core apples, quarter, and use a paring knife to thinly slice lengthwise.
- Add to baking dish and top with lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, apple juice (or water), and a healthy pinch of salt. Toss to combine. Then loosely cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes (covered). Then carefully remove foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the apples are very fork tender (especially in the center of the dish) and slightly caramelized.
- Enjoy as is or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwich
- 4 Large Hamburger Buns
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Pound Sliced Ham
- 8 Slices Cheese, Mozzarella, Swiss, Cheddar, etc
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise, Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard, Optional
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to high. Split open the hamburger buns and place on a large baking sheet.
- Coat the buns evenly with the butter. Toast under preheated broiler for 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Switch the oven broiler off and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Layer half of the ham slices evenly on the bottom of each bun. Top with a slice of cheese. Repeat these layers one more time. Place the top buns on the sandwiches.
- Bake the sandwiches for 7-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- OPTIONAL: In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise and dijon mustard and serve with the hot sandwiches